Our mobile spindle service company performs spindle taper grinding to restore, repair and service your machine tool spindle condition. With a small internal grinding spindle, mounted on a slide and rotary table, we grind your spindle taper in your machine to restore the original angle. The range of services include:
- Mobile spindle taper grinding, on-site spindle taper grinding, in-plant machine spindle taper grinding or taper regrinding service for worn, damaged, crashed and wrecked spindles with BT40, BT50, BT60, CAT40, CAT50, CAT60 tapers and larger, including Big Plus and HSK tapers
- Conventional spindle taper grind, NC spindle taper grind and CNC spindle taper grind, regrind, grinding, regrinding of worn, damaged, crashed and wrecked spindles at mobile, in-plant, on-site locations
- CAT spindle taper grinding
- BT spindle taper grinding
- Big Plus spindle taper grinding
- ISO spindle taper grinding
- HSK spindle taper grinding
- Capto spindle taper grinding
Wear of tool tapers, and damage of tool tapers
With thousands of tool changes, high torque usage and heavy radial loads, a spindle taper will wear to a bell mouth condition. This results in less contact between the toolholder and spindle ID taper. This can cause tool chatter, tool run out, poor machine performance and repeatability. Occasionally, an ID taper is damaged from a escaping toolholder. The raised portion of a gouge causes serous tool run out. These worn and damaged conditions can usually be corrected with a light grinding of the spindle taper.
Benefits of Spindle Taper Grinding on the Machine
On site spindle taper grinding on the machine is a cost effective way of improving the accuracy of your machine by repairing damaged or worn tool seats. This is done on the machine with respect to its geometrical condition.
The process requires an average of eight hours to complete and the taper conformity is checked by using a certified plug gage and test mandrel.
Through this process, removal and reassembly of the spindle is eliminated, thus providing considerable savings in machine down time and cost.
Hardened Spindle Taper Inserts to replace severely damaged machine spindle tapers
Occasionally machine spindle tapers become so severely damaged that regrinding the taper is insufficient to return the taper to usefulness. We can build a hardened insert to adapt to the end of the spindle so that the spindle is again useable as originally intended.
Servicing North America
Our technicians service spindle tapers throughout North America – United States of America, USA, Canada, Mexico and the Latin America countries
Other services offered:
- Installation of hardened taper inserts (to replace a severely damaged spindle taper)
- Mobile, in-plant, on-site, CNC machine laser calibration, alignment and leveling
- Machine installation, setup and testing
- Ball-bar and laser calibration of CNC tools
Our mobile, on-site, in-plant spindle taper grinding and regrinding service has returned spindle tapers of the following manufacturers’ machines from their crashed and wrecked condition:
- Big Plus taper
- Dah Lih
- Droop & Rein
- HNK (Hankook)
- G & L
- Mitsui Seiki
- Mori Seiki
- Shin Nippon Koki
- WD 105
If you have an issue with a spindle taper, and the rest of the spindle seems good, contact us by phone, fax, mail, email or form below, and we’ll be pleased to help.
Keep in mind that the most common reason for dropping a toolholder is loss of drawbar force. To catch the fact that any of your drawbars have lost drawbar force you need to check the drawbar regularly – Spindle Drawbar Force Gage
If other areas of the spindle seem worn or noisy – bearings, motor, we do offer complete spindle repair service Spindle Repair & Rebuild
Call 519-671-3911, or click email@example.com or Contact Us in the footer below or the header above for more information!